Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

I is effing married!

31 July 2012 10:14 pm , 0 comments

So.. It's been a whopping TWO years since I've last posted, yet alone visited my own blog.

So much has happened/is happening lately, but the most major thing is that WAZIR AND I EFFING GOT MARRIED! After 8+ years, it's finally legal and official and I now have a husband. How grown up does that sound??

Funny thing is, in the last year or so, so so much has happened and I didn't document any of it in this blog. I do wish I had documented some of the planning process but frankly I was too busy - what with a full-time job and the venue/vendor research and the DIY. So I just thought that this would be a good time. We had 3 wedding events - nikah (solemnization/registration of marriage), and 2 receptions (1 tea ceremony & luncheon, and 1 garden party). All of which wouldn't be possible without the help of everyone who pitched in and helped to make our big day(s) happen.

It was all incredibly special and Wazir and I are eternally grateful. So many people flew in from different countries just for us and we are very lucky indeed; not only to have found each other but also to have such wonderful family and friends. Thank you again to all those who have been a part of it. Special thanks to our families who pitched in financially as well. We had so many DIY sessions, my mum and I made 400+ origami cranes, the cake was baked by my aunt, my friend Marlyn coordinated the wedding schedule... Most of my bridesmaids and some guests flew in from halfway around the world.. THANK YOU! ♥

Here's a couple of pictures as proof haha:

Lunch

  
Songket photoshoot before the garden party

Us with part of the wedding team


You can read a summary of our wedding here and here. One of my bridesmaids, Mae is the editor of WeddingGuideAsia and she featured our wedding. <3

Btw funny story; Wazir and I have been together for 8.5 years now, and for the first few years, since most of my friends were studying overseas, they didn't get the chance to meet Wazir. Plus he's never been active on facebook or any social media website. I did worry that they would start thinking he was imaginary! (But as you can see he's not)
 

(0) Comments

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home