Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

Drama.

14 November 2007 3:38 pm 2 comments

Coming home was so berdrama.

Long (and embarrassing) story short, I kind of fell and hurt my back on Thursday night. And my flight was Friday afternoon. -.- It was so bad that I couldn't move/get up for more than an hour -- confined to my bed, with Nick and Loy Yang at my beck and call (for which I am totally grateful; thank you so much guys).

Got really worried so the following morning we woke up early and they took me to the RMIT doc, who informed me that it was basically just a muscle spasm thing and that I should be alright given time and care, but he gave me painkillers and some other meds since I was travelling.

So yea. Thought it would be alright, but I really wasn't able to lift any luggage whatsoever, so again the two guys, plus my neighbour Jack helped to drag all my luggage down the stairs; but I was worried about lugging the bags around in the airport too -- I couldn't even lift the bags onto a trolley on my own! Luckily I met this girl Siew Ching on the shuttle on the way to the airport, and she happened to be on the same flight; what a coincidence right? So we queued to check in together (the line was horribly looong but we met this nice uncle who invited us to queue with him, which I felt horrible about, but the line was really really really long!).

Anyway. Checking in was alright, although SC's bag was horribly overweight so she stuffed some things in my bag; and I felt really bad for having her to help me with my bags throughout the whole journey. -.- I hate feeling helpless but at that moment I really couldn't do it on my own. But on the bright side, I made a new friend!! I guess things happen for a reason, when you least expect it. Anyways my back is much better now -- it still aches but I can get around and do stuff fine now. :)

So. Being home has been great, but to be honest, pretty boring. I really don't have that many friends left in KL -- everyone's in Australia, UK, or somewhere else in the world! :P And the friends that I do have here are all working; so this leaves me super busy on weekends and super jobless on weekdays. I've really been bumming around and cleaning the house; maybe I will get a part time job soon. The fact that to get around in KL I'd need a car is also a factor, since I don't have a car anymore; so for now I am confined to my house and err Plaza Mont'Kiara and Desa Sri Hartamas. When it's not raining -.-. The rain has been a huge damper really. It's been raining like crazyyyyy, I haven't seen rain this heavy in ages, lol!

It felt good unpacking my bags -- taking every single thing out and putting things back into my closet; when I came back for winter break it was only for 2+ weeks so I didn't unpack properly. But now that I will be back for 3+ months, I could unpack and settle back in, and it feels good. It was nice to see my dad's new house too -- things look really good, there is so much more space for the ever expanding family. Mum might be moving soon too, and I went to the showhouse and the place looks great too. So much has changed since I've been away, I don't know where to begin.

Brynna has been away diving in Bali all week, so she's the only one I haven't seen yet.. And she gets back tonight!! :) Excitedness. She is going to yak my ear off, but it's ok. I haven't had to deal with her all year already, lol! Brandon is huge now, he's so much more active and friendly. I haven't had much time with him yet because my dad is away and again, I don't have a car to go visit whenever I like. It was great to see mum, dad, Wazir and Ah Yi again.. :) I've missed home.

Internet is super slow here!!!! I am 3 days behind on my downloads, since it takes like an hour to 3 hours to download a 40 min show in Melb, whilst it takes a day or two here. :( Sob sob. Hurry up Heroes! Prison Break! How I Met Your Mother! Desperate Housewives! So that I can start downloading Gossip Girl..... Wtf I am so addicted but it totally keeps me sane.

Wow super long post. Oh.. It turns out that my old phone number, the one that I've been using before I left for Melbourne, has not expired, so if you all still have that number, call me on that. Or msn/facebook me, really.

Oh yes, and good luck to all those still in Australia, having exams. :)


I love you Wazir. <3

(2) Comments

  1. Anonymous On Fri Nov 16, 09:53:00 am

    welcome back! Have a great holiday..

     
    Brenda Y On Sat Nov 24, 12:21:00 am

    :) Thanks.. Hehe

     

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home