Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

Moving on

28 November 2007 9:40 pm 0 comments

I need to start my Christmas shopping. Dad doesn't celebrate Christmas, but it's his birthday so he gets a gift. And since it's Christmas, I buy gifts for his side of the family too. Mum is really into the whole Christmas thing -- we put up a tree, line the gifts under it, make Christmas wishlists.. It's fun and stressful! I have yet to buy anyone anything -- I desperately need to go shopping.

Last week I was at my dad's all week, it was totally tiring. He moved houses a couple of months ago but there was still a lot of things to be moved from my old room -- apparently even though I'm not around they waited for me to get back and do it myself -.-. Looking through all my old things I felt a strong sense of nostalgia. I never quite understood how spoiled I was when I was a kid, til I saw how many toys I had. So many giant boxes full of random toys, storybooks and magazines. I think there were nearly 10 huge ass boxes or so of just my stuff, and my room really isn't that big! Plus as you all know I'm a total sucker for hoarding things, so you can imagine how much shit I had held on to all these years. Suffice to say, Brandon will not be needing to buy any new toys or storybooks for the next like, 5 years? Damn I was some spoiled kid.

It's funny cos when mum moved out of our old house I took a lot of only present-day stuff, but I left behind so many things from my past; in my pink and white kiddy bedroom that I'd lived in since I was like 4? Everytime I went back to my dad's it was like I was little me again, surrounded by my bubblegum furniture, stuffed toys, childrens' books and other random toys. It was sad throwing and donating so much of it away but it was liberating in a sense. I'd held on to so many things for no reason -- simply because I'm sentimental, but so many of my things had aged without me even realizing it. My toys were all stained, my books yellow.. I'd even held on to my exercise books from my nursery days. I had flashcards from when I learned to read, books from when I learned to write; it was amazing. But it's all mostly gone now anyway. Time to move on.

I received my results for the recent semester online on Monday; and while I am satisfied, a part of me can't help but be disappointed. My grades were maintained but were more borderline this time. Oh well. It's still alright and I'm really thankful for that. I was so mentally exhausted this semester.

(0) Comments

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home