Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

Welcome 2008.

16 January 2008 2:30 pm 2 comments

I've been lazy again. I got back from HK on like, the 2nd of Jan; but haven't gotten around to updating, lol. Anyway, Happy New Year all!! :)

Hong Kong was good, apart from the busy streets and well, tbh people can be pretty rude there. -.- But the shopping was good. I've always wanted to go to H&M and as I expected, I totally loved it!! Lol. Disneyland was great too. Obvs, it's much smaller than others, but still.. Disneylands are always magical -- makes me feel like a little kid again. :) Ocean Park was a bit meh, but I guess we picked a wrong time to go; during the year end holidays and all. It was so packed. Will edit later with photos. :)

So.. Looking back and reflecting upon 2007..

It was definitely a trying year for me; but I am pretty proud of myself, because it was a year where I learned a lot.

1. My grades are much better now than they ever were in Cenfad, and I'm focusing a lot more on my studies.
2. I've learned to live more independently; clean up after myself, pay my own bills, cook and shop for my own groceries, etc.
3. Wazir and I survived a year of LDR, and we're still going on as strong as ever.
4. I have great housemates and I've made some good friends in Melbourne.

Some basic resolutions for 2008:

1. No more snacking after 10pm 10.30pm 11pm.
2. Save more money.
3. Clean up room and toss stuff I don't need so it will be easier for mum to move my stuff when she moves house when I'm not around later in the year. (I've actually started on this.. Cleared out my wardrobe and gave my sister a lot of my clothes and donated quite an amount too.)
4. Actually get around to learning StudioMax. I've always wanted to be better at 3D rendering.
5. Lose the kgs I've gained on my holiday. -.- Damn the good food.

There must be more, but these are just at the top of my head.

(2) Comments

  1. Anonymous On Thu Jan 17, 12:22:00 pm

    Hi Brennie, Happy New Year.

    Sad to hear your 'bad' experience with the rude people (sales staff, locals, drivers or the guys wearing suits and ladies who wears Prada?) but despite, at least the Magic Kingdom didn't fail to enjoy your visit.

    Next time you visit, lets bump at each other, ok?

    Cheers!

     
    Brenda Y On Sun Jan 20, 09:58:00 pm

    Hey K!
    Nah, it wasn't too bad. I think ppl there don't mean to be rude; they're just kind of abrupt, if you know what I mean. Hehe..
    Yeah it would've been nice to meet up but it was kind of last minute hehe..
    Take care!! :)

     

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home