Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

Index 09

26 November 2009 11:23 am 0 comments

It's finally over -- my term at RMIT. After my presentations last week it still wasn't over yet because the graduate class had to put on an exhibition to show people our work, so for one week we slaved at the warehouse, cleaning, painting, building stud walls and partitions; to get the space ready.

Although tiring I really did think it was a fitting end to the semester. I got to work with my classmates, built timber stud walls, something I always learned about only in theory, and it's not like I had anything to do after the semester anyway.

Here's a few pictures from Index 09 (Interior Design Exhibiion 2009). I regret not staying longer to take more pictures (I only stayed about an hour), but it was hot and sweaty, and my cousin from Wellington had just arrived at the airport so we went to pick him up. Plus Brynna was getting bored.



Me and the girls - Mel and Farah, they arrived one semester after me but we get along so well. Loves. Don't know what I'm doing in this picture, I think I didn't anticipate the double flash.



Mel, Jono the Index chairman, and I.



Takako, Maisarah, Mel (another Mel hehe) and I. All such lovely girls. Mai and I were classmates way back from Cenfad.



Mel, me, Benji and Mai.



Me with my work. My panels were stuck on a plastic sheet which was hung on a beam. It made the work wrinkle quite a fair bit, but it was still quite a good location.


Oh and my friend just sent me this link yesterday, check it out.. http://blog.artsthread.com/?p=1059 My work is featured, all the way at the end.. :) I mean sure they featured about 1/3 of the class but it was still a really pleasant surprise. :) Thanks Artsthread.

Ps. I'm uploading this from my phone - hope the pictures turn out alright.

(0) Comments

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home