Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

OH MY GOD

30 May 2006 4:32 pm 2 comments

I know you all probably expect me to start blogging more, since I just finished college, but again, there is a valid explanation for why I haven't been updating.

My laptop crashed. Apparently my stupid Windows XP crashed, so I tried using the Acer Recovery cd to format the first partition [or something like that la.. haha.], but it wouldn't work and I still couldn't access Windows. I took my laptop to the Service Centre in KLCC, and they couldn't even access my D drive to back up my data and etc, so I had to send it to the main service centre in Subang. They said they'll try to back up my hard drive, but if all fails, then they'll just replace the entire thing. Screw Windows. That's almost 50GBs of applications and data gone. Thank God I back up my college files once a week into my external drive, so at least most of it is still there.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I just sent the laptop to the service centre and I haven't been able to use it for about a week already. I'm expecting it back on Friday.

I didn't think I could live that long without the computer, so I borrowed my stepmom's NEC laptop. The problem is that it's super small and the keyboard is so tiny that I keep making typos.

There is so much to say, and lots of pictures to post, especially those of the Icon Show 2006, which is this exhibition Cenfad holds every year. So.. I'll try to update soon. This laptop doesn't have wireless internet so I'll just wait til I get my laptop back. *crosses fingers that the data can be saved* I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I'll have to reinstall and redownload everything, although it was extremely frustrating at first.

(2) Comments

  1. lainieyeoh On Mon Jun 05, 04:11:00 pm

    i wish i'd been as good as you at backing up work :/
    hopefully all is good with your laptop data.

     
    Brenda Y On Tue Jun 06, 07:16:00 pm

    yuw sun :: Thanks.. I just picked it up yesterday, and it's all good now. The only thing is I want to partition my hard disk and reinstall all my applications, but am so lazy to do so now. =P

    lainie :: Hehe.. I got real lucky. Thank God I bought the external drive at the last PC fair.
    We rely too much on computers nowadays, really.

     

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home