Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

Condominiums

11 April 2006 1:37 am 2 comments

My weekend was good, but I feel guilty for bumming around half the time.

My Monday studio tutorial was postponed to Tuesday, then once more postponed to Wednesday. This worries me because I have studio on Thursday too, and it's supposed to be a critique session, and I don't know how much I can get done in that one day. Meh. I feel like I'm falling behind on work. Should get started making a model tomorrow, but I don't know if I have cardboard pieces which are big enough.

I got a car. Well, it's my stepaunt's, not mine; but it's mine to use for now. It was such a hassle finding a good parking bay to rent, but it all worked out fine in the end. I've got a good bay, just next to the parking entrance; but unfortch only til the end of July. Will worry about things later. Also had to spend extra on a car sticker and proxy card. Living in a condominium can be super annoying at times.

Come to think about it, if I lived in a landed house, I could park anywhere I want. I could buy tons of groceries and not need a trolley to take it upstairs [and have to take the trolley back down]. I wouldn't need to wait for the lift, and I could avoid awkward silences with strangers in the lift. I wouldn't have to carry a resident's ID and the card thingy that gets me past the pedestrian sidewalk next to the guardhouse, and past the glass doors before the lift. I wouldn't have to buzz visitors in, and they wouldn't have to register with the guards.

Of course it does have its advantages. I feel safe. There are facilities; swimming pool, squash & badminton court, playgrounds, etc. Err honestly I can't think of any more right now but there definitely are more.

But when I move out // get married, I'd like a landed house please.

(2) Comments

  1. Unknown On Tue Apr 11, 03:25:00 pm

    congrats on the car!! so now u oso can drive me around rite? hehe...

    grass is always greener on the other side.. i think it'll be quite cool to stay in a condo la.. esp ur's! walk down to COFFEEBEAN!!

    *jealous*

     
    Brenda Y On Wed Apr 12, 07:32:00 pm

    Haha.. Wait la.. I'm still not confident driving too far alone yet.. :P And my sense of direction is err... Not very good. :P You have to introduce me to Natasha k?

    Lol. True that. The grass is always greener on the other side. ;) Mont'Kiara is a nice place to live, though. But a landed house in Mont'Kiara would be nicer.. Haha!

     

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home