Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

Merdeka!

01 September 2007 8:36 pm 2 comments

Happy Merdeka, Malaysia.

No, I did not go for any celebrations this year, simply because I think it's just weird to celebrate and count down Merdeka by going clubbing and drinking the night away; and I didn't go for any of those Malaysian society organized dinners because my mum was in Melbourne and we went out for a nice quiet dinner together.

But I do miss the fireworks and counting down. Last year's Merdeka was pretty special to me -- barbequing at Cenfad, watching the KLCC fireworks from the ramp, and singing Negaraku at midnight; with some great friends. It was brilliant. Oh, how I miss home.

Mum has just left for the airport; we had a great week together, and now I'm left feeling a little bit empty, with a gap to fill, but I know I will get over it soon. Everytime she comes it gets easier to say goodbye, and I know I'm lucky enough to even have her here. We went out for a nice dinner on Wednesday to celebrate her birthday. :) And my upcoming birthday too. Hehe.

Mid semester presentations/assignments are all happening/due this week and next week, and so far everything's been going rather smoothly. I think I've been planning my time much better now. Or maybe it's because so far I've had quite a number of group work, so I have to push myself to get the work done so I don't compromise the entire group too.

I haven't been online in a week; I have so much downloading and random surfing to do!! Hehe. The internet in the hotel was extremely expensive, it was so ridiculous. What rubbish. I think it was like 28 dollars for like just a couple of hours or less.. I can't remember. But it was ridiculous.

And so, now it is time to go back to life once more -- throwing myself back into my course work. Cooking and cleaning. Chatting with mum and dad over the phone. Skyping with Wazir. I might give myself a break tonight, seeing as it's already 10.30pm. I seem to have this limit, where I can only do work until late evening or so, then after that my brain just shuts off and tells me it's time to rest. So I always finish my work by evening. I don't see how some people can do work all night and not sleep -- I guess it's just not the way I work. I always plan ahead because last minute work scares me -- I need a backup plan just in case anything goes wrong. I'm super paranoid, heh.

(2) Comments

  1. Anonymous On Tue Sept 04, 05:28:00 am

    Happy Merdeka.

    And you know what I love Malaysia?

    Nasi Goreng and Satay.

     
    Brenda Y On Fri Sept 07, 07:26:00 pm

    Hey K! Hehe.. Yea the food in Malaysia is ace. :)

     

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home