Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

Frustrations

27 January 2006 12:59 am 0 comments

Remember I mentioned that my lecturer Anwar told us to look for a site for our coming project, this next semester? The site and our new project proposal has to tie in with our thesis, which we wrote last semester. Well my classmates and I met up on Tuesday to search for our individual sites together; so we drove around the whole of KL taking pictures of whichever sites we thought suitable.

Today we went to DBKL to obtain copies of the site plan, sections, elevations, etc; because our lecturer told us to do so. Turns out that no one is allowed to make copies of the original documents except the owner of the building, or the architect. We did think of that, but we thought we could get copies as our lecturer told us it was possible, plus we had a letter from the college.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, we had 15 buildings on the list, and DBKL had no record of any of the plans anyway, because they were all pretty old buildings, and no one had submitted any plans for those particular buildings. So basically today was like a wild goose chase. We went all the way there, and spent like 5 hours there, for nothing.

I feel cheated. Now I have to go back to my stupid creepy abandoned site armed with measuring tape and take the measurements myself, next week. :( This stupid site stuff is taking 2 weeks out of my 5 week holiday. Damn.

Oh, I tried out a few designs yesterday.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Tried a few types of french manicures, although I haven't learned how to paint french yet.

Image hosting by Photobucket
I copied this pattern off some website.

(0) Comments

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home