Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

Blogging

06 March 2006 7:26 pm 2 comments

Blogging isn't what what it used to be anymore. Not to me, at least. I've become so lousy at updating this thing.

I remember I first started blogging in 2001, when Yen introduced Livejournal to me. From there, I experimented with other LJ-based blogs like Deadjournal and Blurty, but eventually, I went back to using the LJ. Then I moved on to Blogger because it gives me more freedom with the layout.

With blogs becoming more and more popular, I hardly feel that I can write what I want anymore, without having to lock my entries. Now, when I write, I have to think twice before posting. I don't feel secure pouring out my thoughts. Perhaps that's one of the reasons why I don't blog as much as I originally did. Sure, my daily hits have suffered majorly, but what do I care. I write for me.

But of course, the entries have been less also due to the lack of my social life. Most of my friends are overseas. I spend most of my time doing work in front of the computer, making models, sleeping, watching tv, and going to class. There really isn't much to talk about; and I would rather not write a daily report about how my classes went. That would be seriously depressing. But yea, you all know the drill.

Today was fun in college, though. We had one-on-one tutorials (finally, a tutorial -- we've had too many critique // presentation sessions this sem). I have to change quite a lot of my model by Thursday. But my classmates and I had lots of fun just joking around and doing stupid stuff; I think we were all in a crazy mood today. On a lousy note, however, prices in the canteen have gone up. A can of soft drink used to cost RM 1.90 (which, imho, was already bloody pricey), and now it's RM 2. Meh.

(2) Comments

  1. Anonymous On Tue Mar 07, 01:53:00 am

    Oh Brennie, I totally understand how you feel. You told me once, KEEP ON BLOGGING. Whatever and whenever you feel you need to share without really telling about your personal stuffs, it's alright.

    Like you, I travel between free blog services, from blogspot, blogdrive, own domain name until it got suspended, I'm still blogging and now I'm using the free wordpress.

    I mean why not try something different, about your country, take photo-blog for example, I'm sure they are all fun.

     
    jo On Fri Mar 10, 06:21:00 am

    Keep blogging cos i have to know how you are.I'm glad we had that conversation.It was good and i can't wait to see you again:)
    Be good,blog,love ya!take care, ***MWAH bren

     

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home