Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

A series of unfortunate events

13 March 2005 9:43 pm 0 comments

I helped my college [Cenfad] out at the Education Fair at Mid Valley today.. Wazir stayed over last night and we went to Mid V together this morning..

Last week my lecturer Amran told Stacy and I that his friend was looking for a few girls to sell merchandise at this Ferrari booth in Sepang next week.. He told us that we should give it a try and go for the interview that was scheduled to be today. Pay about RM200-300 per day, and transport and hotel provided [Shangri La]. Sounds good? Definitely. So today Stacy and I went to Shangri La KL to meet this lady for the interview during our lunch break at the education fair.. And gosh, taking cabs to KL sure is expensive.. And guess what? When we got there, we couldn't find the lady. I know. How frustrating is that? We didn't have a picture or a phone number, just the venue. The place was packed as some university had just held some graduation there that afternoon, and Stacy and I were wearing these horrendous XL Cenfad tshirts [they ran out of sizes]. So.....

I called Amran, since I figured that I could call him if I ran into any complications. And guess what.. He was sleeping and I couldn't contact him.. Then his phone ran out of battery. So we walked around for nearly an hour trying to find this woman.. When we realized that we had to get back to Mid Valley since our break had long ended. So we caught another cab and went back [and may I add, we got caught in the Mid V afternoon jam]. Sigh. Frustrating day, wouldn't any of you agree?

So. On to better things. Helping out at the fair was alright, there were so many people. It was slightly discouraging as most people aren't very into design; I suppose most SPM leavers already have their heart set on doing A Levels. Or perhaps they're just unsure. But most who were interested were into Interior Design. :) Woot. :) Anyways I remember this girl asked me a very silly question ::

Girl :: Can you tell me, what is the difference between Communicaton [Graphic] Design and Fashion Design?

Me :: Well, erm, Communication is actually Graphic Design, whilst Fashion is, well, fashion...


Gosh. Strangeness, eh?

So I got home at 7pm feeling so tired that I actually had to take a nap. That is so rare. But I was just that exhausted from the travelling and talking and worrying and everything that I had to go through today. But hey, on the bright side, I was paid for helping out and today I have so much to blog about for you guys to read. Happy? Wahaha. I'm a nerd.

(0) Comments

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home