Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

Long post

25 September 2005 4:56 pm 2 comments

This has been one of the most hectic weeks ever; but also one of the best. Well, I suppose it wasn't that hectic, but take into consideration the fact that I've been bumming around doing nothing but sleep and eat for the past month... I expected my first week back at college to be a lot lighter.

I've already had to do two presentation boards on precedent studies for my first project; one was research on budget accommodations and one was a site analysis of the area I'm supposed to "build" my hostel on. And right now I'm trying to catch up on my reading, so that I have something to talk about when my teacher asks me tomorrow what my topic for my thesis is going to be. I'm thinking of writing something about art and science; how design and technology have to merge together in certain aspects and bla bla bla. Honestly I have NO idea what to write about yet but I think it's an interesting topic. I guess this is where research comes in.

For my electives, I wanted to take Graphic Designers and History, and the original timetable said it was on Tuesday morning. But then I checked the revised timetable and found out that it was Thursday morning, clashing with another class of mine. Fashion History clashes with my Monday class, and I already took History of Design last semester. So with all that out of the way, it only left one elective for me; the one I really did not want to do -- Creative Writing. Bleh. But then I found out that the class was full and intake was closed. So I had to talk to the admin and all that.. They're going to find a way to fit me and Stacy into that class next week. :/ But it still sucks anyhow. I don't want so many writing classes this semester. Stress la!

My mother, Brynna, and aunt went to Redang on Thursday, and they'll be back in half an hour. Wazir was so nice to stay with me and accompany me these few days because I don't really like staying alone. We spent most of our time doing our college work though. Joe and Stacy came over lots too; it's not as stressful when we get together and work all night.

But what I find so hard to believe is that it's only the first week of class, and between me and Wazir, we've already spent RM70, just on printing. I have a sinking feeling that this semester is going to burn a hole in my pocket. Speaking of printing, I went to the shop where I always print my work, and when I put my thumbdrive in the USB port, the computer couldn't detect it. So naturally, I reached to unplug the thumbdrive, but it was burning hot. Then I realized that the plastic melted slightly in one corner.. Fuck! The bloody computer fused my 256MB thumbdrive!! I am rather pissed off about that but I so didn't know what to do at the shop. The boss wasn't in and the woman there didn't know shit about computers. I asked her what happened and she was all like "Oh, I forgot to inform you that the USB port cannot be used for printing, you can only bring in a CD." I just walked off and went to Mailboxes in Hartamas. The help there is very friendly, although prices can be slightly steep. But they gave me a discount since I'm a student, and also because I printed so much, I think. I had to buy myself a new thumbdrive, and this time I got a Kingston 1GB one. Sorry dad. But I really need a thumbdrive. :/ 1GB!! I can fit a 2+ hour movie in that! But anyway. I think I'm going back to the shop to talk to the boss for compensation. What do you think I should do? And how much compensation seems reasonable?

I just met Mae, Trish, Marlyn and Galv for lunch at Modestos; and it was real cheap. Lunch at Modestos is a real good deal; 50% off pizzas and pastas. Anyway we went to the Flea Market at Mont'Kiara, just down the street and I bought myself a cute new sketchbook and a cuff bracelet. I was tempted to buy a fake LeSportSac bag but decided against it. There are so many things I want but don't need and I should stop spending recklessly. No pictures; my camera battery is charging. Oh, bumped into Nabila and her boyfriend at the market too.

Oh, I cann't believe that Daniel won Malaysian Idol 2!! What?? He got 68% of the votes?

Leo, Sonia :: I'm sorry I couldn't go for the Mid V blog gathering.. My mum's coming back from Redang at 4pm, and she's off to India at 5pm, so I have to stay home. Couldn't possibly leave the house at 3pm. :/ Hope you all had fun. :)

All in all, I've had a great weekend. I hope you all did too.

(2) Comments

  1. lainieyeoh On Tue Sept 27, 11:18:00 pm

    say are we gonna be expected to print a lotta stuff in college? if so, I'm gonna set aside part of my allowance for it.

     
    Brenda Y On Wed Sept 28, 12:23:00 am

    I think you might have to do that -- especially since you're in CD. :P You'll definitely need to print for presentation boards and all that, but usually we print A3. Any larger than that, we just print A3 and stick them together. :P

     

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home