Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

Officially eighteen

10 September 2005 2:37 am 6 comments

Yesterday [9th September] was the day where I receive the most SMSes, phone calls, and online messages in a day. Well.. It's all over now but I had a really good day all in all. Thank you to all of you who made my day special. I felt like such a princess. =) I really appreciate it, ya'll. It made me happy to know that even though I may not have kept in touch with certain people, they still remembered.

Thanks to :: Jin, Ian, Jeremy, Alvin, Weng Kiat, Praveen, Yen, Jolene, Dalia, Shah, Yew Sun, Shaza, Deesha, Kah Ming, Seng Yip, Joanne [who called from the US!], Lilian, Yang2, Sean, Wei Kit, Lay In, Mae, Siew Hon, Marlyn, Ravin, Farah, Knoizki, Leo, Jenny, Iris, Galven & his friends, Amir, Sundar, Kumar, Michael, Mary, Ninie, Harmeet, Sarah, Song Jun, Matthew, and Roz for remembering and contacting me. Plus family :: my mum, dad, grandma, aunt, Brynna, Lay Kheng. And of course, Wazir. I hope I haven't forgotten anyone. Oh, and Harmz, happy birthday to you too. ;)

Also, thank you Jolene for coming over yesterday, you know I love your visits. Yen too, for calling me when I was feeling down [i.e., PMS-y] at 4am in the morning. Thank you Praveen for treating me to lunch today; it was great seeing and talking to you face to face again.

Last night I went out; Eugene Choong was having a get together dinner at his place, then I went to Luna Bar with Galv, Iris, Galv's friends and Amir. To be honest, I was rather disappointed with the place. Well the atmosphere was aight, but more to the working generation; so we did feel a little out of place.

So here are some pictures from last night at Luna Bar ::


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The bar.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The pool. Very dim lighting. Romantic atmosphere.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Iris and me sitting in the corner of the rather uncomfortable glass boxes.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
clockwise :: [sorry, i forgot his name], Galv, Jacky [I think?], Amir.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Us again. We waited downstairs for ages until there was finally a table upstairs for all of 11 of us. Went up and discovered that it was a really small place, with only about 4 tables. No wonder we had to wait ages. :/

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
We tried taking pictures ourselves but Iris kept directing the camera at me.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I know I look insanely ugly in this pic but Iris looks nice so, what the hell.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I liked the toilet signs. Playful.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The interior, however.. It was unique, but unique doesn't equal great. I guess I just wasn't too impressed.


But yeah, what I liked about the place was that it was really cooling and there was a lot of play between the indoors and outdoors, and that was something different. The view wasn't that great though, apart from, well, KLCC. Ok. Perhaps I just expected too much, after all the hype and stuff. =P And I go to KL almost everyday when I have classes so maybe the view didn't impress me as much as it should have. Also, I've pretty much stopped drinking and going to bars and stuff, so I was out of my element. Anyway, it was a nice experience. I suppose all in all, it's a nice place to lepak la.

Anyway, moving on.. Today I woke up at 10 to noon to a barrage of SMSes, but it was Joanne's phone call that actually woke me up. Thank God you called, Jo, because I was supposed to meet Praveen at noon for lunch. =P So, yea, had lunch with P, then Wazir came over and stuff. Had dinner at Souled Out with my mum, Brynna and Wazir; then chilled at home. Last night dad sent over a cake so we did the whole cutting cake thing, then I watched a movie with Wazir at home. There's nothing like a nice quiet night in, really.

I hope all of you have a great weekend ahead. =) Night!

(6) Comments

  1. Tyler On Sat Sept 10, 02:26:00 pm

    bangkok jazz is the best!! gah..

     
    Anonymous On Sun Sept 11, 12:55:00 am

    Thats a beautiful 'lavatory' design. So the ladies behaves flawlessly becuz no cluster and tissues on the flo'. LOL.

    What a lovely night with your friends Brennie and you enjoyed it I suppose. Where's you buddy sun?

     
    Anonymous On Sun Sept 11, 12:57:00 am

    And btw: you are now officially celebrating the womanhood.

    Congrats & rejoice!

     
    Brenda Y On Sun Sept 11, 08:21:00 pm

    it was an okay night out. =)
    meep, i didn't like the restrooms that much though. well it's just my opinion. it was interesting i guess.

    sun is in the uk now. i haven't blogged about him leaving yet. =/ these few days i've been rather busy, and lazy too. =P

     
    Brenda Y On Sun Sept 11, 08:21:00 pm

    seng yip :: i haven't been there yet. meh

     
    Ezen On Mon Sept 12, 12:58:00 am

    happy belated bday!!! have a greeat year! :D

     

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home