Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

:(

29 November 2005 3:37 pm 7 comments

I'm feeling rather confused about what I really want to do right now. Maybe it's just that time of the month, or maybe I'm just feeling discouraged, but the question is; do I really want to be an interior architect?

I do enjoy the work, but most times work is just work, to me, and it just gets me all stressed out. And in a field like design, everything is subjective -- I can't just study some textbook or do some exercises and that's it. There are so many steps to carry out when faced with a new ID project :: precedent studies, site analysis, concept, sketch models, plans, sections, elevations, perspectives, axonometrics, final model, details, materials, presentation board, etc. Materials are expensive too.

I've just come to a point where it's driving me mad. Working on my project is more of a hassle than anything, and I don't know where my passion has gone. My grades are average. Not great, not terrible, just average. Perhaps I'll get an A here and there, mostly Bs, and a few Cs too. But nothing is ever certain, and the grades I receive at the end of each semester are always unexpected. Well, most times I do worse than I thought I did. :/ Occassionally I'll do better.

Oh dear God. Why am I here? Did I make the right decision? I just need some confirmation, and some encouragement. I know I've written a lot about how busy I am and how stressed I am, but it's really building up and I'm just.. fed up with it now.

Okay. I just needed to get that out. Whatever it is, I have to finish what I've started.

Here's a site Family Guy fans will enjoy :: Stewie Live. Try telling him to have sex, fart, or dance.

(7) Comments

  1. Tyler On Wed Nov 30, 07:15:00 pm

    no one said it was easy..just cause it's hard isn't an excuse to give up.

     
    Brenda Y On Wed Nov 30, 09:34:00 pm

    i'm not saying i want to quit just because it's hard. i'm just saying that i'm unsure because i was never sure in the first place.
    anyway i never said anything about quitting.

     
    Tyler On Wed Nov 30, 11:26:00 pm

    "I'm feeling rather confused about what I really want to do right now." <-- indicates signs of uncertainity which leads to questioning your choices which makes u think of other possibilities which could lead to u quitting :P

     
    Anonymous On Wed Nov 30, 11:55:00 pm

    Decisions! Decisions! It's one of those life challenges brennie. The feeling of "Do-I-Really-Need-All-Of-This" is part of it. Embrace it. Take a breathe, pause forrawhile and quit saying "I can't". Always remember that You Can!

    Arrividercie!

     
    lainieyeoh On Fri Dec 02, 01:23:00 pm

    well...how many of us are that sure anyway huh? only one way to find out :)

    Oh and yeah bernice (oh bernice :D) says that your monologue is okay. No assignments, far as I can tell, but next week is short stories and we;ll have notes to take down.

    Bernice told class about the reading she's doing on sunday at la bodega kl.

     
    Brenda Y On Mon Dec 05, 10:13:00 pm

    xen0s :: aiyoh syip.. don't think so much la =P

    knoizki :: thanks :) i'm feeling better now

    lainie :: ah, good, no assignments. short stories? fuck. i'm regretting taking this class, it's too much work too handle. :P

     
    lainieyeoh On Tue Dec 06, 03:12:00 am

    haha...it should be fine...

     

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home