Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

This entry is for Yen

23 June 2005 1:18 pm 2 comments

I guess this probably would seem rather random, but the reason I'm writing this is because I was bored and just surfing around pointlessly. Somehow I ended up at Yen's old livejournal [which I will not link, and it's private, anyway], and there was something she wrote for me which really touched me. It was written about 2 or 3 years ago [I forgot], but I don't think I ever saw it before previously. Now that I stumbled upon it, it brings back a flood of memories.

Things have changed immensely ever since, and sometimes it hurts. Sometimes I wish I could turn back time, to when things were so simple. We'd been studying in the same school for over a decade, it was such a safe place to be. Yen and I had lots of ups and downs; silly, petty arguments as kids; fooled around during Mr Chew's tuition [remember all the tricks we'd play on Yee Hong? Hahahaha!]; done tons of very embarassing things together but we had a lot of fun. She was my agony aunt and I was hers. Now, being in college, being apart, sometimes it hurts, that we don't have the same friends anymore, and we have less things in common to talk about. We don't have anyone in common to bitch about, and most times I can't understand what's happening with her because I don't know what's going on. At times I can feel like things are just slipping away and by the time we both go overseas, our friendship will only be a memory. Like, we'd bump into each other at the mall and I'd think oh, there's that girl, Yen; we were really close in primary and secondary school but somehow we lost touch.

I guess the best we can do is what we do now; meet up a few times each month to talk and just let loose and have fun [although dinners with you and Sun are extremely pricey due to Sun's expensive taste :P]. But hanging out with you guys are always so fun. We've always had our moments where we drift apart and hardly talk but then I know it's okay, because in time one of us will call the other and we'd be back on track as usual. Anyway.. I love you and I'm sorry that I do take you for granted sometimes. [I'm only human :P] I'll always be here if you need me, you know that. Things may be different but I'll try my best.

PS.> You know, every now and then Wazir still teases me about Care Bears. ;)



click [for her post]
[]

Basically, the point of this entry was to say that I really, really love [ Bren ]. I've known her forever and she's always been there for me as much as possible. . . and she can actually stand me complaining and I need an outlet sometimes. And sometimes, she's the only one who understands my weirdness and why I feel the way I feel and why I am the way I am especially lately. Bren, I don't know what I would do without you. Especially lately, thanks so much. Still, for some reason I feel kinda bad because I don't want it to be about ME all the time and you need to talk more + shut me up sometimes. :D Really, if there's anything you ever want to talk about I'm always here for you; and I don't want this whole venting / ranting thing just to go one way. Thanks for being my friend for so long and we've been through a lot + done a lot of stupid things [ re: DD walk, sleepovers, and all that crap with Feez ] . . . Well, times change and so do we. But I'm glad you're still my friend! Love you loads. I know sometimes I tend to take you for granted & there were times when we didn't talk so much and basically just drifted apart - but when all's said and done I really appreciate you as a friend. You're the greatest! :D I'm meaning this 100% because I don't say things I don't mean... [ or at least trying ;D ] I don't know where all this mushiness came from.. just started thinking about my relationships with people and how they ... I don't know, are a part of me. Does that sound weird? *crosses fingers and hopes you understand* Appreciate + love you very much, and would like to stress that I mean everything I'm saying. *hugs*


(2) Comments

  1. Anonymous On Thu Jun 23, 01:49:00 am

    Aww this entry is so touching!
    Friendship is such an amazing thing.

     
    Brenda Y On Tue Jun 28, 12:34:00 pm

    thanks elfie. friendship is such an important part of life.. :) *hugsss*

     

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home