Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

RIP

20 October 2005 10:46 pm 2 comments

It's been raining all morning and afternoon. It's been a really miserable day today, marking the passing of Datin Seri Endon Mahmood, wife of the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Dato' Seri Abdullah Badawi. I was surprised to hear the news because I thought she was recovering.

I think she deserves respect for all the work she has done. When I heard the news, I immediately thought of the Kebaya Nyonya exhibition at the Petronas Gallery at KLCC last year.

Anyway. May she rest in peace.

More news here.

(2) Comments

  1. narrowband On Fri Oct 21, 03:18:00 pm

    It is somewhat consoling to think about the late Datin Seri Endon having achieved quite a bit in her lifetime. She was quite an achiever, and a fighter, too if I may add. Her work and effort poured into various organizations and the people at large - simply invaluable.

    I'd say she died at her prime. I'm sure she's much more peaceful right now (echoing Tun Dr Mahathir).

     
    Brenda Y On Sun Oct 23, 08:50:00 pm

    She was definitely a respectable figure, I agree.

     

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home