Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

Weekend

23 October 2005 8:35 pm 2 comments

Friday, 211005
2346


My internet is down, yet again. This time I'm not sure if there's a fault with my modem, or if it's my broadband service provider. My modem's on/off button is spoiled, there's something wrong with the spring or something. It's one of those where it switches on when you push it down, and when you push it again, it switches off. Anyway. For the last two weeks I've been holding the switch down with masking tape. Improvising, heh. Anyway, yea. I don't know if currently there's anything else wrong with it. It's rather frustrating.

And such bad timing, too. See, every week, I put off working on my thesis until Friday night [my class is Saturday morning], and well, I suppose that tonight, I won't get much work done. Shit. I guess tomorrow I'll just bring in the encyclopedia just to show Adela that I've been doing at least some form of research. Well. Maybe it's a good excuse. I'm currently stuck and have no idea what to do anyway. I have to contact and interview a few people regarding my thesis, but I really don't know what questions to ask them. Getting started is so hard.

I'm starting to stress out because I'm having trouble with quite a lot of my work currently. The mid semester break is approaching so most projects are due by next week. It's going to be hectic. I have 3 assignments due, and one of them involve a presentation. Haha. This reminds me. On Tuesday I had a critique session and I had a really bad stomachache, so I sped through my presentation. Talked really really fast and summarized and skipped a lot of points that I could've mentioned. Yesterday I received my report and the comment for my presentation was "could be improved". Fuck.

So, for Anwar's class, I have to:
1. Redo my model.
2. Redraw plans [ground floor, first floor, second floor], sections [horizontal, vertical].
3. Draw more sketches, especially of details and building materials.
4. Draw exploded axonometric drawings.

And hopefully, all by this weekend. Oh dear god. I want to cry. Well. I'm planning to do [1] on Saturday and [2] and [3] on Sunday. The axo can wait till Monday or something. It all sounds so easy, but it just takes forever. I take about 5 to 8 hours per model, and about an hour or so per drawing. Sounds crazy, right?

On a brighter note, at least my personal monologue is coming along well. Just some more editing and it should be done. My 3D modeling of a bedroom seems to be coming along too, so I'm feeling rather satisfied. I've always been really bad at 3D, and even know, I constantly need Wazir's opinion and advise. I know I'll also need his help to render it. I feel bad for bugging him all the time, but I really am slow when it comes to visualising things in 3D.


Sunday, 231005
0046


The internet is still down. I wonder when it'll be fixed. I already phoned TimeNet yesterday and they said they'd call me back, but they haven't.

I tried to finish my model today, but since it's my final model, I took more effort in putting in the little details; like putting in transparency to indicate glass, cutting out pivoting doors instead of the usual swing ones, etc. It took forever. 5 hours and I haven't even finished the first floor. I planned to cut out the staircase step by step [literally], but I ditched that idea. I can't even begin to imagine how long that will take me. I wonder how Stacy does it. It's crazy ass.

I've also decided that I'm too lazy to draw 3 plans, 3 sections, and an axonometric drawing. So I'm going to just do it in 3D on the computer and voila, all done. Perspective drawings are also made easy. I never quite like using the computer for my drawings, the drawings always come out looking so cold, if you know what I mean.

(2) Comments

  1. narrowband On Mon Oct 24, 02:35:00 am

    My streamyx also having problem lah. Always disconnect one :(

     
    Brenda Y On Tue Oct 25, 01:17:00 am

    yeah. streamyx is like that. i'm currently using timenet though.

     

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home