Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

Things are totally annoy me ::

20 July 2005 4:53 pm 2 comments

1. I am sick and tired of reading blogs where people cannot SPELL properly. Is it so hard to say "hi" like a normal person, and not "hye"? Or "oh" instead of "owh"? Perhaps it's okay if you're a little kid and are in one of those phases where spelling things are lyk, so totally kewl, but ugh, it's really annoying. I know I have ranted about this time and time again, but I can't help it.

2. Is pushing the elevator button over and over again going to make it go up and down any faster? Sheesh. I never understood why some impatient people resort to pushing the button countless amounts of times when they are in a rush. The lift isn't going to come down or go up any faster than usual.

3. Malay guys whistling at me when I'm walking on the streets alone. I'm not saying malay guys only because I'm prejudiced, but I say it because generally other guys don't bother me. Chinese guys never bother me. Which brings me to ::

4. Certain Chinese bastards who, upon seeing me, recoil in shock when discovering that I am, in fact, Chinese too. No offense. Maybe it's an honest mistake to them, but to me it's fucking pissing off. I think all of you who know me well should know that I really hate it when people comment negatively about my skin colour. It's always been a sensitive issue with me but I have learned to like it.

5. The amount of horror movies there are nowadays. Horror movies give me nightmares so even though I like watching them, I've learnt to stay away from them. But it's so hard to avoid nowadays since there are so many horror movie trailers on tv now.

6. People in the LRT who lean on the bars in the middle. The bars are for people to hold onto, for crissakes, not for you to lean on. They take up so much space and sometimes, even though you are holding on to the handle, they still lean on it; thus making you feel so uncomfortable that you take your hand away anyway.

7. Drivers who don't signal. I used to walk to college a lot and it really pissed me off when drivers did not signal and when I crossed the road at a corner, they would suddenly turn and beep at me.

8. Getting my period in the middle of the night. Sucks big time, really.


Ok. There, I'm done ranting. I was just feeling a little jeeved. :P

(2) Comments

  1. Anonymous On Wed Jul 20, 08:38:00 pm

    i feel ya for point number 8. that's one of the every girl's worst nightmares!!

    and for point number 4...i'm a chinese girl with darker skin color, that makes people think i'm malay/thai/philippino sometimes too. maybe cause people dun really make insulting judgement on my skin color whatsoever, i find it pretty alright. my explanation is, "hey, the sun is stronger in canada, so this skin color is the product of sunning myself for 18 years under the canadian sun." ;-)

     
    Brenda Y On Thu Jul 21, 11:09:00 pm

    thanks for coming by anna. i guess in canada people are not so judgemental about these things. after all ppl there are all dying for a tan, whilst ppl here are all dying to get whitening products. :P

     

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home