Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

Thank you

21 August 2005 3:13 am 5 comments

I've been thinking. About my life; the things that have affected it, and the people. And I came up with a list; starting from the beginning.

Warning :: This could get a bit the emo. And long. ;)

Shen [and Jun and Ann] :: The first friend I remember having. Time has passed and I'm thankful that we're still in touch, and I really treasure the many memories I have with you. I remember it was you taught me how to ride a bike, along with Prashanth. We used to play together almost everyday, it was fun. Even though I was immensely spoiled as a kid, your family was always so gracious and nice to me and I loved going over to spend time with all of you. Time really flies.

Preeta :: I can't believe you're so big already, girl. You used to be so little and cute and now you're so tall and pretty and all. We used to play dolls together and everything.. Wow.

Mae :: The first proper friend I remember from my Cempakan days. My first ever best friend. We've had a lot of good times. I have to admit that many a time I did get jealous - you were the more pretty, more popular one, and while my family was falling apart, things seemed to be getting better for yours. But you never changed and you were always here for me and I'm grateful for that. And if you ever need anything, I'll always be here for you too.

Yen :: Gosh I have all sorts of weird memories of our times together. We had so many ups and downs as children. I remember I would get annoyed at you for complaining about your grades if you slipped up just a little, because in my eyes, you are extremely intelligent and I respect that. I really enjoyed all the sleepovers and the tuitions and the bus rides. We've done so many silly things and I'm so thankful that we're still close now. I hope that in the years to come, we'll still be friends. Sometimes I feel it slipping and it scares me but I guess that's normal. Love you.

Kavhn :: The closest friend I had in SMK Kepong. I was only there for 2 months, but you were so friendly and caring towards me. I was going through a really tough time then, and your concern lifted me up most days, although you may not know it. I wish you and your twin all the best in your futures.

Jolene :: Jolene; such a good listener. And so fun too. When I think of you I remember the fun bus rides, throwing lunches out the windows [=P]. But you were always there to listen and to give advice when I needed it. Thanks for all the heart-warming talks.

Feez, Wern, Trish :: Lol, I put you three together because everytime I think of one, I think of the other[s]. High school would not have been the same without you lot. Feez, the wild one. Whenever I'm with you I know it'll be fun. =) We've had plenty of fun and silly moments! Wern, always in-between. Always fair and not judgemental. Very techie, loves computers. Trish, the Mac crazy one, always up to date with the latest music, and always there to listen. Also very hardworking; don't be too tough on yourself girl. ;) Gosh I miss all of you. I'm sorry that I didn't try harder to keep in touch.

Praveen :: Praveen, the silly one. You never liked to show it [cheh, always cover cover ;)] but you are so sweet and thoughtful on the inside. You never failed to make me laugh with your sarcasm. Lol, suddenly I am reminded of the time you [I think it was you] and Sean were testing my memory by making me memorize all the weapons in some game [Counterstrike, I think?]. Lol. Really, you're a great friend. I miss you. =)

Shankari :: I know I'll have a fun time with you; whether it's a day out, or a bitching session, or a serious talk. I miss you! I like the way you can be so serious sometimes yet so crazy. =) Oh yea.. Always competitive, I remember that. ;)

Sun :: Haha. I don't know how I really got to know you. But I remember that you sat in front of me in class and would always turn around to bug me and to talk to me and Mrs Rama would scold you. Fun times those were. Studying at Mc Donalds and Starbucks; me freaking out over Geography and you over Math; tutoring each other.. Gosh. We've really come a long way and I'm glad that we still are close now. You are a very warm and generous person and you shouldn't let yourself get demotivated so easily. *hugs* Good luck in Manchester, do me proud. ;)

Hariz :: The first person I ever loved, and the first person to break my heart. But really, no hard feelings. I'm glad it all happened, actually, because it's made me a stronger person now; and we're still friends and that is a major accomplishment for me. =) I wish you all the best.

Kiat :: Kiat I miss you lah! Thanks so much for confiding in me and believing in me all this while. I remember when you used to call me almost every night when you were at NS, it was so funny listening to your stories and all. Hope to see you soon. =)

Chee Yoong, Audrey, Chia Ron, Gavin, Shazzy, Sue Anne, Hafiz, Yee Teng, Nizam, Jonathan [and the lot] :: I know that I'm not exceptionally close to any one of you, but those few months in my senior year at Cempaka, preparing for sports day.. We spent a lot of time together. It was really memorable, and if I could, I would gladly do it all over again. Thanks for the great times.

Ravin :: You've been a great friend all this while. Even though I may not have all the time in the world to meet up with you and stuff, I appreciate you calling whenever you're back in KL just to let me know. It's always nice to hear a familiar voice. You've always been there whenever I needed help, especially with my projects and all that.

Kah Ming :: *goes blank* Whatever happened to the promise that we would be best friends, after we broke up? Lol. Anyway. You've given me a lot of good times, and you were there for me a lot, especially in our senior year at high school. Thanks for helping me out all those times and just being you. I'm sorry for all the hardship I caused you at times, and all the stress. You're just a silly donk-ass. =) I should call you before you go off to UK too. Bleh. =P

Joanne :: The first friend I made in Cenfad. Joanne.. You are one of the nicest, sweetest, bravest, most honest and generous people I have ever known. I'm not stretching the truth, I mean it. I really respect you. You've always looked out for me and been there for me even though I always whine and whine. You really are so caring.. not just towards me, but towards everyone. Jo, thanks so much for being my big sis. I love you! ;)

Shaza :: One of the best bitch buddies ever! I miss you girl.. You made those few months in Cenfad so fun. I really was very sad when you left; I hardly even got to say goodbye properly. The bitching sessions were the best, and taking advantage of Chong Yong's niceness to skip his class and lepak at the canteen was always fun. You are always capable of making me smile. Darling you need to call me. Soon.

Stacy :: It's amazing, the first few friends I made in Cenfad are some of the greatest people I have ever known. Stacy.. Lol, I remember the first time I talked to you, I thought you were soo cocky. But it was only because you were from Korea and couldn't speak english too well, but I didn't know it. You've come a long way since then; I admit that you've had your moments and all but I really admire that you are so hardworking and talented. And also so cute. =)

Joe :: The big brother I always wished I had. When I first got to know you, you were soooo shy. When I talked to you, you would just stare back at me. But somehow, you began to open up to me and share your stories and problems with me -- thanks for putting your trust in me. I'm glad that now you are happy and that you got what you wanted.

Wazir :: Words just cannot describe all the things I want to say, but I'm sure you understand. You showed me what love really is about, and I love you more than anything.

Of course this list cannot cover simply everyone; there are so many people I omitted. Christopher, Deesha, Mai, Sarah, Shanker, Ian, Alvin, Marlyn, Sabrina [Feryx], Dharen, Farah, Sam, Wei Kit... Dammit, there are too many that I cannot list here. If you don't see your name[s] here, don't feel left out. I haven't forgotten, it's just that I cannot list each and every one of you. =) Of course there are those online friends too that I didn't mention -- Leo, Knoizki, Seng Yip, Sonia, and etc. =)

(5) Comments

  1. Unknown On Sun Aug 21, 05:05:00 pm

    Sweet entry.... take care Bren!

     
    jo On Tue Aug 23, 12:29:00 am

    Haha, i forgot abt tossing sandwiches out of moving bus!hahaha
    I love the girly talk the other day.To me, that was one of the highlights of our wnderful friendship.You know you are loved dearly.
    Muaks and huggies.see you soon:)

     
    Brenda Y On Tue Aug 23, 11:34:00 pm

    shan :: thanks =)

    sun :: i'm really glad that you did well. but try to believe in yourself more and not act too spontaneously aight? =) you've been a great friend too! =)

    jolene :: hehe, yea i forgot, but it just came back that night. =) i love talking to you! we should do this more. before you go you MUST call me! =)

     
    Anonymous On Wed Aug 24, 03:59:00 am

    I'm not a special mentioned but I'm listed at the bottom. Thank YOU! Keeping a circle of friends who are loyal to you are the most extraordinary things in this world to have.

    Great post brennie.

     
    Brenda Y On Wed Aug 24, 04:28:00 am

    heheh sorry i didn't mention more about you knoizki. =) i'll do a plug on my online friends later; this was more about from the beginning to now. *hugs* thanks

     

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home