Brenda Yap

Converted by Falcon Hive

Merdeka

31 August 2005 12:47 pm 2 comments

As a kid I used to think that I hated this country, and that I couldn't wait to get out of this place. I wanted to go overseas as soon as possible, study there, work there, and who knows, hopefully live there.

Now I'm older and I've lived 17++ [18 in 9 days, actually] years in Malaysia, my perception has changed. I love the country. I love the weather, although I bitch about how hot it is all the time; I can't do without it. I love the food. I love the people, the shopping.. a lot of things.

My parents tell me that in a year or so I have to go overseas to do my degree. I'm dreading it. I haven't done any research about international universities because I don't want to think about it. Dad tells me that I should get a job when I'm done with my studies and stay in [maybe Australia] for good. And I'm like.. noooo I want to come home! Things have changed eh.

Well. Malaysia will always be home.

Happy Merdeka, Malaysia.

(2) Comments

  1. Anonymous On Wed Aug 31, 11:36:00 pm

    This reminds me of my HS before going to college. Everyone wants to leave our dear old province to study in some well off University. I realized, it wasnt really about the name of the school, it's your own "name" in it that matters.Why have all the glitz if you're not comfortable having them?

    I mean - if you think thats for the better - I WANNA JOIN YOU. May I? hahaha.

     
    Brenda Y On Fri Sept 02, 02:32:00 am

    hey knoizki. btw, merdeka is malaysia's independence day. :)

    come to m'sia. :) you'll get to meet me ;)

    i don't want to leave m'sia and go overseas :'(

     

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home